|Grabbed some blue electrical tape laying around to mark off the first cut without permanently damaging the vinyl.
I started off with a 36"x60" sheet of gloss black 3M vinyl (the good stuff). I used some window cleaner to get the big bug chunks off the glass and wiped down the painted surface I was about to apply the vinyl to. I could have prepped the surface even better, but it was only going to get so good on this car.
|Big sheet of extra vinyl left for more decals!
I placed it on the windshield, mapped out a rough cut to remove the material over the windshield for re-use but left enough room for error around the frame before using painters' tape to keep it in place.
|Almost done, lots of spare bits laying around, but beats prepping and cleaning up from spray paint!
|Top down. Looks like a nice fresh coat of paint, but as easy and mess-free as a sticker!
|The black frame helps blend in with the black soft top when up. Hoping to add a black hard top to the car for track days.
|Racing Beat, 5x Racing, 949 Racing, SCCA, Mazda / Mazdaspeed, Good-Win Racing, and a couple fun ones. Hoping to add Panic Motorsports and Pro Auto soon.