With a ton of help from Jason and Phillip, today we got the car back on the lift for another crack at stopping the oil leak and moving to a different brake pad setup. Step one was simply to remove the OEM brake pads and the rotors they were mated to. These pads have been performing well but have not been delivering the initial braking force I'd like to have on an autocross. The second step was to swap in the heavy duty track pads by Carbotech and the rotors they were mated to for my track day with NASA last year.
|Each corner only takes 4 bolts to swap it all out, but one really good friend to bleed all the fluid!
Now that the engine cooled down, we took a look at the camshaft seals and the valve cover seal. The intake cam seal was looking particularly oily and is our top suspect for the quart of oil that has been bleeding out after a few autocross runs. New gaskets were installed, surfaces were wiped clean and everything put back in it's place. So far the car is staying dry, but we'll see how things look after next weekend in Charlotte with CCR.
|Mid-progress on replacing cam seals. Big wrenches hold the cams in place to re-set the timing.
|I need to mow anyway...